To Date xx/xx/xx
Public Information Officer
Sub:- Request for information under section 6 & 7 of RTI Act 2005 within 48 hrs. regarding file movement in Delhi Police vide no. xxxxxxxx
It is submitted that xxx letters were issued by the xxxxxxxxxx vide no. xxxxxxxxx dated xx/xx/xxxx asking for the para/point vise reply to the rejoinder submitted by the applicant. The subsequent reminder vide dated xx/xx/xxxx and then again on xx/xx/xxxx (Annexure 1) were sent to DCP/HQ, Delhi, when no report was furnished within prescribed time duration by the office of DCP/HQ, Delhi to office of xxxxx, Delhi.
It is further submitted that when the applicant personally approached the office of DCP/HQ on xx/xx/xxxx, he was directed to contact the O/o Joint C.P., xxxxx, and from there it was stated that the file is sent to O/o Joint C.P. Southern Range. When the applicant approached the O/o Joint. C.P., xxxxxxxxxx, it was learnt that aforementioned file has been sent to DCP/xxxx and the reply is awaited.
It appears from the aforementioned facts that the concerned offices/officers/staff of Delhi Police has no honor and regard for the directions of Hon’ble Commissions, instituted vide the provisions of Constitution of India and hence causing intentional/deliberate delay in right to justice and hence the life and liberty of the applicant is being held at stake in the hands of concerned dealing officials.
It is therefore requested that the following information u/s 6 & 7 of RTI Act 2005 may kindly be furnished :-
1. Kindly provide the certified copies of all letters issued by the concerned offices of Delhi Police in respect of movement of file in matter vide no. xxxxxxxxxxx.
2. Kindly provide the justified reason as on record for forwarding the file to the concerned Office/Officer of Delhi Police with the specific para/point nos. of the aforementioned file, because it is apprehended that the aforementioned file is being sent to un-concerned offices for causing deliberate/intentional delay in adjudication of matter.
3. Kindly provide the reason for transferring the file to the O/o DCP/xxxx Distt., by the concerned staff/officer of office of Joint C.P. xxxxx Range, when there is no point related to xxxx Distt. existed in the Rejoinder submitted by the applicant.
4. Kindly intimate the reason as on record for sending the file to different offices/districts when the same can be enquired as per provisions of section 178 of Cr.P.C.
5. Kindly provide the duration in days within which the reply/report to be dispatched in such matters by the concerned office.
6. Kindly provide the certified copy of all Diary Dispatch numbers through which the aforementioned file is moved from one office to another till the file is sent to NCSC, Delhi or till the disposal of this RTI Application, whichever is earlier.
7. Kindly provide the name, rank and belt number, offices of all the officials including clerical staff, who dealt with the aforementioned file till the disposal of this RTI Application.
8. Kindly provide the provision of punishment available for officials deliberately delaying the disposal of matter.
9. Kindly provide details from records the action taken on officials if any, found causing deliberate, negligent delay of the matter by transferring the aforementioned file to office of no concerned.
10. Kindly provide the each and every movement details of this RTI application till its disposal.
The Postal Order no. xxxxxx is attached herewith as requisite fee under RTI Act 2005. The requisite information shall be furnished within 48 hrs as per section 7(1) or RTI Act 2005 as the information also concerns life and liberty as applicable vide Article 21 of Constitution of India being applicant in arrest as per records of P.S. xxxxxx in FIR No. xxx/xxxx. In this regard reference is in case of Sheela Barse V. State of Maharashtra AIR 1983 SC 378 where it was held as follows :-
The operation of Art. 21, insofar as it imposes procedural limitation on a law that effects personal liberty, commences as soon as interference with personal liberty commences and ends only when that interference ceases. Hence, this article becomes relevant as soon a person is arrested, and it remains relevant so long as he remains subject to a criminal prosecution that has resulted or might result in the deprivation of his personal liberty
The information shall be supplied free of charge in compliance of section 7(6) or RTI Act 2005 in case of delay.
Annexure 1:- Copy of letter dated xx/xx/xxxx from xxxxxx,